Last week, we discussed how we can establish a connection with God, on a day-to-day (hour -to-hour) basis..We all recognize how important it is to have a regular practice to stay connected with God, Here is a short list of some common methods...We encourage you to start one or more of these (if you are not already doing)..
A year from now, we would like to see all of us as an advanced group of spiritual practitioners, who can manifest whatever they want in life :) :)
- Chanting a mantra you like
- Carrying a picture, statuette etc
- Watching the actions, like walking, sitting etc (that we are not lost in thoughts)
- Basic breathing exercises
- Watching the breath
- Watching /witnessing the mind
- Surrendering to God on a continuous basis
- Prayerful attitude to everything
- "Who Am I" enquiry
- Traditional methods like visiting places of worship
- Reading spiritual books, scriptures and seek company of spiritually oriented people/places
- Listening to music that elevates the mind from the mundane and evoking devotion
For March 4th meeting:
We are deciding on the topic... What about "Form and Formless worship of God" We have a good number of people who support formless aspect of God, and interested in Advaita (non-dual) form of worship. My silly question would be, if God is formless, then what about all the forms in the world? We all live in a world full of names and forms!
Are they "non-God" ??
Based on our request, Aparna has kindly agreed to talk on "Astrology" for 30 minutes. She is a practitioner and it would be great to get some basics..
Our education and reliance on science and technology has made us believe that planets do NOT have any influence on our lives. Personally, I had some stunning revelations from both Vedic astrology and Nadi astrology readings... There is lot of knowledge out there and we don't want to miss it !!
Some other takeaways from last meetup was
- No Intros: To save time, we will get rid of initial intros, but request people to say their name before they speak first time.. That way, we get more time to discuss the topic at hand.
- Arrive on-time: We will request everyone to arrive 2 or 3 min prior to the start of the meeting, just so that we don't get distracted by people traffic.